Tuesday 1 September 2015

HOW TO MAKE A CROCHET BRAID WIG - GO RED OR GO HOME

BEFORE CUTTING
Wow! What hair is that? Is it human hair? Where did you get it? So I have been getting a lot of those recently, ever since I made a crochet wig. I decided to come out and show people that its really a wig. Spell it WIG! :p please note,I have installed crochet braids before and even then people wanted to know more about my hair and what i did to achieve the curl pattern and all the other shenanigans in between LOL. My previous crochet installation was great but the curl pattern did not last very long and re-curling my hair every two-three days was a hustle for me plus I do not know how to cornrow so a crochet wig saved my life, literally it did. Now I don't have to go pay someone else to cornrow my hair just so i can get crochet braids. :) :D
AFTER CUTTING


Since this was my first experience doing a crochet wig I used kanekalon hair because its cheap and affordable so even if it did not come out the way i expected at least I did not waste cash on hair I might never use.

It took me 4-5 hours to install a full head but after curling I realized I had some blanks which I had to fill in. (Tip:its always wise to pre-dip the hair) The curl pattern is more defined and as you install you fill up spaces you might miss out if you install the hair straight.

The final product was at shoulder length (see first picture) but I cut it into a fringe because the weather is just too hot. I really love this wig but I think it will work really great during winter and the part about making a wig is you get long lasting curls without re-curling over and over again.


FINAL PRODUCT


To create your own wig you need the following:

a.mannequin head (very important)
b.hair extensions (I used one pack of super star and one and a half packs of one million braids)
c.wig net (see mannequin head)
d.perm rods (If you want curls)
e.latch hook needle/bobby pin (to crochet the extensions onto the wig net)
f.pins (to secure the wig net onto the mannequin head)
g.a pair of scissors
h.bowl/bucket with hot water (for those who are curling the extensions)  
PRE-DIPPING HAIR BEFORE INSTALLATION
ALMOST DONE-CREATE PARTING SPACE
PARTING SPACE TO CREATE A MORE NATURAL LOOK

FEELING MYSELFIE



All in all I will definitely create another crochet wig using a either marley braid or afro kinky hair. This saved me alot of money and in future all I have to keep buying is hair extensions and wig nets.

Do you like the crochet wig or not? Please comment below and let me know what you think.

Happy reading!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment