Friday 7 August 2015

5 REASONS WHY I KEEP GAINING BACK WEIGHT


Lets face it, loosing weight is easy the hardest part is how to keep it off . I recently stumbled upon my old food diary and it made me aware of a lot of things I did wrong back then and still doing them wrong to this date. I picked out top five mistakes that I think are the major reasons why I am yo-yo dieter.
1.THE SCALE IS MY WORST ENEMY
Weighing my self is like the last thing I want to do ever. Whenever I feel my jeans getting tighter I try my best to avoid the scale because I hate the stress and the guilt I get after. But its a bad habit because I end up gaining even way more weight so against all odds its always better to know the truth.
TIP: Wednesday is the best day to climb the scale as its in the middle so as weight fluctuates the most accurate results are likely to be on Wed.Just like a pH scale right?LOL
2. I DIET
Believe it or not dieting is not good for weight loss because it provides temporary results. It works no doubt about it but as soon as you stop dieting you going back to your old routine. No one can survive on a low-carb diet or a veggie diet all their life therefore DO NOT DIET.
TIP:Loosing weight is a lifestyle change so its better to teach yourself how to eat better and make healthy choices instead. 

3. I REWARD MY SELF WITH FOOD
Have you ever had that feeling where you feel like you can indulge a bit since you lost weight? If the answer is yes then this one is for you. While its OK to reward yourself for the hard work its a bad idea to resort to food as a reward.
TIP:Buying a new pair of skinny jeans or a little black dress instead is way better than rewarding yourself with the enemy.

4.I DEPRIVE MY SELF SOME SLEEP
After loosing weight its a must to go clubbing and dancing to show off the new body right? Wrong! Its actually bad to cheat your sleep regime and stay up late. Staying up late increases unhealthy eating and you become hungrier at night as sleep deprivation increases the hunger hormone before you know it you are fat again.
TIP:Aim for 6-8 hours of sleep each day your body will love you for it.

5.I STOPPED DRINKING WATER 
Whenever you are loosing weight, you are told to drink as much water as you can as it flushes out all the toxins and harmful substances that make you bloated and heavy. But its common for some of us to start thinking that its OK to indulge in sodas and skip on that glass of water which is really stupid and useless as it leaves us heavier instead.
TIP:Time your water breaks or keep a bottle/jar of water next to you  that way you don't forget to drink water.

BONUS POINT:
This is for those who are on certain medications. I am currently on prescription medication due to my headaches and a lot of meds are best known to increase appetite and trigger weight gain. So whenever you start new medication ask your doctor about the side effects and see if he can prescribe anything else. Your health comes first so do not stop taking your meds because you are scared of gaining a few extra pounds rather try and find a solution to the problem.
TIP: Google your medication and find ways to counter act the effects.

Happy reading...

I tweet @Chise_dixie
Facebook: Tshediso Dixie Chise

No comments:

Post a Comment